Re: lilypond-book→latex

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: lilypond-book→latex
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 19:19:21 +0100

Hi Federico,

according to release notes, Lyx has had support for lilypond-book for some time now. See here:

https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX20#lb

That's where it says it requires the "lilypond-book→(pdf)latex" package, which my Lyx says it can't find.

Any advice? Are there any Lyx users who got this working?

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 7:14 PM Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

Il giorno ven 21 dic 2018 alle 11:24, "N. Andrew Walsh"
<address@hidden> ha scritto:
> Hi List,
>
> dumb question: I'm trying to integrate lilypond into my Lyx document,
> and while it has the lilypond-book module, it says it can't find the
> "lilypond-book→(pdf)latex" package. Where do I find this package?
>
> I have lilypond installed in its own subdirectory, as well as my
> texlive installation in another one (so neither are the system
> packages from my distribution's repo). I'm using gentoo Linux.

Hi Andrew

lilypond-book is a preprocessor and I don't think you can use it in Lyx
(I have zero experience with Lyx though).

Why don't you try lyluatex?
https://github.com/jperon/lyluatex/blob/master/README.en.md

Then you can process your .tex file directly using lualatex and I guess
this will play well with Lyx.