Re: How to auto print empty measures?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How to auto print empty measures?
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 16:35:44 -0500

Hi Philip,

> When working with Lilypond I want Lilypond to print the empty measures from
> every instrument, like how Denemo is doing by default. For example: instr. 1
> has 10 measures of music. I want lilypond to print the empty measures of all
> staffs in the project. Is there a way to reach this? How?

There are many possible ways to accomplish what you want. One would be to omit
/ hide / remove all grobs/engravers that are being used:

\version "2.19.80"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \remove "Ledger_line_engraver"
    \hide NoteHead

{
  \repeat unfold 10 { c'1 }
}

There are probably more efficient and elegant ways.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info