Problem with german umlauts and with mapping text to notes

From: Klaus Ethgen
Subject: Problem with german umlauts and with mapping text to notes
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 13:42:02 +0100

Hi,

I like the lilypond package and I decided to dive into for my guitar
playing book.

Unfortunately I stumble over two problems which can be seen in the
example attached.

- First there is the German umlauts. As you can see in the example, it
  is correct encoded in UTF-8 but the umlauts are encoded as "??".
  I did already try to use no bomb or even in latin1 encoding. But
  nothing helped.

- The second problem is about aligning the text with the notes. As you
  can see, it never get aligned correctly. I put it in the file in two
  versions. The first is without any hint and the second is with all
  hints. None of them has the proper aligning (Starting with "Roter"
  over two notes, then "Mond" over one and the next note without text.
  After that, "überm" over two notes and "Silbersee" over three and so
  on.

Do you have any hint how to solve that two problems?

Later on I plan to include that in LaTeX document but at the moment I
just try to get my music in a beautiful setup.

Regards
   Klaus
--
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/