[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Problem with german umlauts and with mapping text to notes

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Problem with german umlauts and with mapping text to notes
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 15:09:28 +0100
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.4.0

Am 13.01.19 um 13:42 schrieb Klaus Ethgen:
- First there is the German umlauts. As you can see in the example, it
   is correct encoded in UTF-8 but the umlauts are encoded as "??".
   I did already try to use no bomb or even in latin1 encoding. But
   nothing helped.

Cannot reproduce. Which LilyPond version are you using? And which operating system?

- The second problem is about aligning the text with the notes. As you
   can see, it never get aligned correctly. I put it in the file in two
   versions. The first is without any hint and the second is with all
   hints. None of them has the proper aligning (Starting with "Roter"
   over two notes, then "Mond" over one and the next note without text.
   After that, "überm" over two notes and "Silbersee" over three and so
Using only \new Lyrics \lyricmode … every syllable gets the same duration; in your case that’s a half note because your last note before the lyrics is an “a2”. You can either assign the correct durations yourself

        \new Lyrics \lyricmode { Ro4 -- ter Mond2. ü8 -- berm Sil -- ber see4 … 

or use \lyricsto or \addlyrics:

        \addlyrics { Ro -- ter Mond ü -- berm Sil -- ber -- see … }

Have a look at the Notation Reference about lyrics for how to use these functions exactly.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]