Tips and Tricks on making Vim a good environment for Lilypond?

From: Rue
Subject: Tips and Tricks on making Vim a good environment for Lilypond?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 06:55:27 +0800

I'm somewhat new to Vim and just started learning Lilypond, so I was wondering if anyone with more experience might be able to share their experience regarding workflow, plugins you're using, and in general, how you've set up Vim as a comfortable environment for working with Lilypond. Whether it's for snippets, live preview, keybinds, or anything that you've set up in order to have a better visual workspace or to increase your productivity and workflow.

By the way, regarding syntax highlighting, Lilypond has it built in for Vim correct?
I found this from the Lilypond documentation regarding "vim mode":
filetype off
set runtimepath+=/usr/local/share/lilypond/current/vim/
filetype on
syntax on

Furthermore, the path listed here "/usr/local/share/lilypond/current/vim/", I don't actually have this path. What I have is "/usr/share/lilypond/2.19.82/........", but there's no vim folder though.
The folders inside 2.19.82 are: fonts, ly, ps, python, scm, tex.

Thanks in advance