Re: Clef moves notes why??

From: Reggie
Subject: Re: Clef moves notes why??
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:20:21 -0700 (MST)

David Kastrup wrote
> Reggie <

> reegistoop@

> > writes:
>
>> Good evening. I am attempting a worksheet of sorts and would like to hide
>> staff for a little while then bring it back with the clef on the right
>> side
>> of the barline. I have the result I want, I wish to know why it's ruining
>> my
>> other staff? So much extra space at the beginning of the other staff see
>> it?
>> Why? Why can't the code just move the clef and leave everything else
>> alone??
>>
>> I believe the me using of this code is correct but again I feel stupid.
>> As the why.
>>
>> cut.png <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5625/cut.png>
>>
>> \unHideNotes \startStaff
>>     \override Score.BreakAlignment.break-align-orders =
>>     #(make-vector 3 '(left-edge
>>                       cue-end-clef
>>                       ambitus
>>                       breathing-sign
>>                       time-signature
>>                       staff-bar
>>                       clef
>>                       cue-clef
>>                       key-cancellation
>>                       key-signature
>>                       custos))
>>
>>     \override Staff.Clef.stencil = ##t  \clef treble g2 etc.
>       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what is that even supposed to
> be/do?
>
> --
> David Kastrup

David I do think it's quite obvious what I wass trying. Please look at my
image it's clear I was attempting a worksheet cutaway idea and I think I did
pretty good. Can you please tell me why the clef move is bothering other
staves and also how I can fix this with my code? Thanks David. This was an
example of a larger worksheet I am doing I just put this together for
example on the mailing list.

i_tried.png <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5625/i_tried.png>

\version "2.19.82"

<<
  \new Staff {
    \repeat unfold 100 { c'4 }
  }

  \new Staff {

    \repeat unfold 20 { g'2 }
    \override Staff.Clef.stencil = ##f
    g'1
    \stopStaff
    s1*4
    \once \override Score.BreakAlignment.break-align-orders =
    #(make-vector 3 '(
                       staff-bar
                       clef
                       cue-clef
                       ))
    \unHideNotes \startStaff
    \override Staff.Clef.stencil = ##t  \clef treble
    \repeat unfold 20 { e'2 }