Re: Frescobaldi slowed down [WAS: Re: Emacs lilypond mode formatting and

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi slowed down [WAS: Re: Emacs lilypond mode formatting and indenting]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 08:00:23 +0100

Am 28.01.19 um 07:51 schrieb Federico Bruni:
Il giorno dom 27 gen 2019 alle 1:58, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> ha scritto:
But since an upgrade to Debian 9 and as the complexity of my current score increases, F. has slowed down to a molasses like rate and has sadly become unusable.

Are you sure that it was caused by an upgrade to Debian 9? Did you upgrade Frescobaldi as well? How did you install Frescobaldi?

Perhaps Frescobaldi is becoming slow only when you work on very big scores or files that includes several large files? See this issue:
<https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/issues/473>

I would also think that this problem is *not* related to a change in the Linux distribution but *only* to the complexity and size of the input files. The issue Federico links to is exactly the problem.

Fixing this issue should be comparably low-hanging fruit, especially with some new code providing better control over external background jobs. So maybe tackling *this* would give you earlier results ;-)

Urs