Start score with barline (after time signature)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Start score with barline (after time signature)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 17:05:21 +0100

I need to engrave a score that starts with a barline immediately after the time signature (to demonstrate the barline, that is), as can be seen in the attached image.

By default this barline is not printed at all, but when I insert a very short skip (even 1/128) there is a pretty huge gap between the time signature and the barline.

How can I control and/or remove this space?
Thanks for any pointers
Urs