Volunteers wanted as Frescobaldi mentors

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Volunteers wanted as Frescobaldi mentors
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 22:26:47 +0000

Hi all,

Frescobaldi wants to apply again as a Google Summer of Code mentoring organization this year. In order to submit a promising application we need to have a number of potential project mentors, so I want to ask on this list for people who can imagine volunteering for this rewarding assignment.

With Frescobaldi the scope of required skills is quite narrower than with LilyPond - basically everything is done with Python (and PyQt). But the *main* challenge and task of a GSoC mentor is engaging with the student anyway, keeping them working and providing some feedback to them, acting as a bridge between student and user and developer community.

Being a GSoC mentoring organization is a very good thing for an open source project, and it would be a terrific opportunity to get our 3.1 release out and go beyond that. So if you by any chance consider your self qualified for this task (even "sort-of"), please get in touch with us on- or off-list. You wouldn't be left hanging dry and can count on our collaboration to make this a worthwile experience.

Best

Urs