Re: Slur connecting fingering numbers

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Slur connecting fingering numbers
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:23:02 +0100

Am Mi., 6. Feb. 2019 um 22:43 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
<address@hidden>:

> > > Glad I could help.
> >
> > This small example is really nice, and perhaps it can be added as a
> > `harp music snippet' to the documentation.
> >

> >     Werner
>
> Hi Werner,
>
> currently the code hijacks Glissando. I.e. the default glissando is no
> longer printable.
> I don't feel such a workaround should be in the docs.
>
> Though, I'd like to come to a behaviour where "Finger-glissandos" are
> possible without disturbing default-glissando (between NoteHeads)
> That would be a nice amendment for our docs, not only for the harp,
> but for guitar, violin, etc
>
> I'll have to find a way to create glissandos and select properly.
>
> For the creation part I've found that I can add additional glissandos
> with glissandoMap. See:
>
> val = 0
>
> {
>   \override Glissando.after-line-breaking =
>   #(lambda (grob)
>     (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'extra-offset (cons 0 val))
>     (set! val (1+ val)))
>
>   \set glissandoMap = #'((0 . 0) (0 . 0))
>   c'\glissando f'
> }
>
> Is it safe to rely on it, or is it rather bug-using?
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

I now come up with the attached code.

It's now possible to preserve the default glissandi. Also,
"glissando-stubs" are printable.

Still not sure if it's suitable for our docs.
Apart from the user-interface, which is still terrible, a new
context-property is defined and used: fingerSlide (boolean)

Cheers,
  Harm