midiExpression in voices with Staff_performer

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: midiExpression in voices with Staff_performer
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:14:33 +0100

Dear list!

I’m trying to add different midiExpressions to a staff with two voices on
different midi channels. The problem I have is that \set midiExpression only
seems to work if placed before the first note of a voice. Subsequent \set-s
don’t appear in the output midi file. The following \set midiExpression works
as long as Staff_performer is in its original place in the staff context, but I
can’t get it to work with it moved to Voice. I still think it is something I’m
doing wrong, but it might be a bug.

\version "2.19.82"
\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice \relative c''' {
      \set midiExpression = #.1
      \voiceOne
      g1
      \set midiExpression = #.4 %this doesn't make it to the output midi file
    \new Voice \relative c'' {
      \voiceTwo
      b1 c
    }