Re: Frescobaldi broken on Win 10?

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi broken on Win 10?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:35:05 -0500

On 2/21/2019 9:18 AM, William Zeitler wrote:
This is arguably off topic (from LP) but I'm stuck and don't know where else to turn.

I was a happy LP/Frescobaldi user on Win7. Finally had to upgrade to Win10 (ugh!)

When I launch Frescobaldi it silently fails to launch. I've launched it from the command line to see if there was any error-spew -- nothing. Just pauses for less than a second and then the command prompt again. I also installed the latest Python just because, but that didn't help.

I get that WIndows is annoying (I do Linux C/C++ coding for a living) but all my music software (e.g. Cubase) is on Windows so LP/Frescobaldi needs to be also, just for basic workflow sanity.

Suggestions?

THANKS!

William Zeitler

Not sure which version you are using and how your path is setup, but try uninstalling everything Frescobaldi first - then install this:

https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/releases/download/v3.0.0/Frescobaldi.Setup.3.0.0-2.exe

See if you get any errors / output.