Re: Frescobaldi

From: J Martin Rushton
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:28:30 +0000

On 26/02/2019 12:16, Karlin High wrote:
> On 2/26/2019 5:48 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
>> Most questions can conveniently and more efficiently be discussed on
>> lilypond-user while for most of the remaining Frescobaldi-specific
>> questions the issue tracker on Github seems appropriate and sufficient
>> anyway.
>
> And Frescobaldi's not the only related project discussed here.
> OpenLilyLib, lyluatex, whatever-other-TeX, editors like vi and EMACS,
> in-browser editors like lilybin.com and HackLily, PDF software, MIDI
> software, and still other things are also known to show up. I guess to
> me this list seems more like discussion for "LilyPond ecosystem" than
> strictly LilyPond.
>
> Of course, if strictly-LilyPond discussion starts getting crowded out
> somehow, maybe that should change. But I think it's reasonable to start
> discussions here for most any form of LilyPond usage, and then take it
> to a specific project's discussion forum or issue tracker when it
> narrows to that project.

Discussing other projects which fall into the Lilypond orbit can be a
major service to readers.  I only found out about Frescobaldi through
this list a few years ago.  I discovered today that there is a Google
group so, if that is typical, banning all discussion would leave some
users at best unsupported, and at worst ignorant.
--
J Martin Rushton MBCS