lingot-devel

Re: [Lingot-devel] Audio Estimators

From: Martin Owens
Subject: Re: [Lingot-devel] Audio Estimators
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 11:01:39 -0500

On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 16:12 +0100, Jairo wrote:
> Hi, Martin.

Hi Jairo,

> The problem is not the availability of a specific library for python;
> the problem is finding the library itself! Coding a python wrapper for
> a C library is the easy part of the task.

I agree

> If you have any idea to guess polyphonic notes, you can share your
> thoughts with us if you want. We can make, all together, a powerful
> tool that can be used in a wide spread of musical applications.

Well, looking at some other programs, Performous and these types of
karaoke type programs. they seem to be doing a similar kind of thing.

Although as you say, getting multiple notes is difficult. Increasing the
sample length may improve the performance, but only by being able to
create a list of notes, ordered by strength of signal can you really do
the idea.

Best Regards, Martin Owens