[Linphone-developers] Trouble with RFC 2833 / 4733 DTMF

From: Dominic
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Trouble with RFC 2833 / 4733 DTMF
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 22:52:13 -0000

Hello,

I posted this on linphone-users, but I thought it might make more
sense to post here. I'm having trouble sending DTMFs from
linphone Android and Windows through a FreePBX/Asterisk based
PBX.

I posted a detailed description of the problem with logs here:
https://community.freepbx.org/t/help-debugging-rfc4733-dtmf/48958

Basically, if I enable any codecs in linphone that uses a
frequency greater than 8000 Hz (e.g. speex, opus, etc.) even if
that codec is not negotiated, DTMF fails.

I'm not sure if the problem lies with Linphone or FreePBX, but I
was hoping someone familiar with RFC2833 DTMF could take a quick
look at the logs and see if anything looks wrong. My only guess
is that the the payload number for telephone-event channel was
over 100 when it worked and under when it didn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Thank you,
Dominic