linphone-users

Re: [Linphone-users] Once side audio issue in 2G network

From: Stuart D. Gathman
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Once side audio issue in 2G network
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 11:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017, Straight from the heart wrote:

I am using Linphone SIP libs and I am facing an issue that there is no audio
for call side in 2G network also call are disconnecting automatically.
Kindly let me know that how to resolve this issue.

Possibility 1:

The "2G" network I am familiar with is a cell phone network.  Are you
attempting to place a SIP call with mobile data over a 2G cell network?
If so, the bandwidth is not there to support it (I have no problems
with 4G and 4G LTE - haven't tried 3G). The carrier could be squelching your connections to prevent hogging the available bandwidth.

Possibility 2:

Since you imply that you have audio on one side, you could have a
firewall issue. You need to open incoming UDP for the RTP ports configured in linphone, as well as for SIP service (5060 UDP+TCP).

--
              Stuart D. Gathman <address@hidden>