linphone-users

[Linphone-users] Unable to chat or call SIP Account user

From: hnw5u3h9wn
Subject: [Linphone-users] Unable to chat or call SIP Account user
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 12:30:40 +0000

Hi,

I installed Linphone 3.7 for Windows on Lenovo Ideapad 110s running Windows 10
without a problem.  I registered a sip account successfullly, and  I am using
that to try to place calls.

Initially, with all preferences at default settings, I placed Test Calls and
each time they either timed out or the wait indicator just kept spinning.

I changed a setting to “Use IPv6 instead of IPv4” with same result – could not
place calls.  I deselected “Use IPv6 instead of IPv4” and can now make a Test
Call with recorded playback, but am unable to contact another sip account user.

Does the other user need to make a similar selection-deselection in
“Preferences”?  Or what does a new sip account user need to do in order to
become contactable to another sip account user?

Thanks,
--gr