linphone-users

Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with app for IOS

From: Benjamin Reis
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with app for IOS
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 12:09:11 +0200

Hello,

Since iOS10 an app can’t maintain its network connections once in background.
That’s why the app has to re register once going back to foreground.
Therefore call and messages can’t be received in background unless the app supports push notifications.
Linphone does support push notifications if you’re using our sip service (sip.linphone.org).

Best regards
REIS Benjamin
Software engineer at Belledonne Communications