linphone-users

Re: [Linphone-users] Free linphone.org SIP service not working?

From: Ed Hynan
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Free linphone.org SIP service not working?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 11:38:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, Jehan Monnier wrote:

Hi,

Machine 37.59.51.72 has been temporary removed from the sip.linphone.org
cluster.
If you use DNS SRV request against sip.linphone.org it should be transparent to
you application.
Best regards

Jehan
www.linphone.org

I have a problem with asterisk similar to the OP.

Attempts to register time out, and attempts at peering give the message
"Peer 'linphone' is now UNREACHABLE".

The asterisk 'sip show peers' command shows that asterisk has attempted
to reach 37.59.51.72 (i.e., SIP3).  There is no reference to sip3.linphone.org
at all in my asterisk configuration; only sip.linphone.org is given.

Since you mention SRV records, I checked my resolver, and each of
_sip._udp., _sip._tcp., and _sips._tcp. give sip.linphone.org (5600. 5600,
5601).

Apparently, asterisk's chan_sip driver is not using SRV records in these
instances.

To test I added '91.121.209.194 sip3.linphone.org' in my /etc/hosts file, so
that
SIP3 would map to the address of SIP.  This workaround allows asterisk to
register
and peer.

Since there is no reference to sip3.linphone.org in my asterisk configuration,
host
SIP3 must be received from linphone.org during dialog.  How else?

-Ed Hynan