lmi

Re: [lmi] '-pedantic', '-std=c++98', and __STRICT_ANSI__

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] '-pedantic', '-std=c++98', and __STRICT_ANSI__
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 18:24:53 +0100

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:13:12 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> '-std=' flags actually do two things. First, they enforce actual
GC> rules of a particular dialect
GC> Second, they define the macro __STRICT_ANSI__; the gcc manual says
GC> I wish they'd separate those two purposes,

 Me too. I totally agree with the first one being useful but the second one
is not and platform_dependent.hpp workaround for it is IMHO actively ugly.

GC> because the second one creates some needless problems.

 So shouldn't we just #undef __STRICT_ANSI__ in config.hpp then instead of
trying to pre-include all standard headers from platform_dependent.hpp?

 Thanks,
VZ