lmi

Re: [lmi] Placement of HAVE_CONFIG_H in 'config.hpp'

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Placement of HAVE_CONFIG_H in 'config.hpp'
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 00:31:16 +0000

On 2005-11-2 17:20 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 15:31:52 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [...] "__WIN32__" is not the right way
> to detect MSW: the standard (i.e. Microsoft) symbol is _WIN32. Some
> compilers predefine WIN32 too. Some predefine all of the versions. So it's
> not that simple.

Fixed in cvs.

>  I think config_all.hpp shouldn't be included at all when configure is
> used.

Fixed in cvs.

> config.h already define LMI_COMPILER_PROVIDES_EXPM1/LOG1P if they're
> supported (and it detects it much better than any compiler version checks)

Agreed: that's a real advantage of autoconf. It takes work to maintain
compiler version checks--the approach used by lmi and by boost. This
almost makes me wonder why boost doesn't use autoconf; but then again
one can wonder why they use 'jam'.

> GC> [Here's where I'd like to include 'config.h'; is that a problem?]
>
>  I think the best would be to do it like this:

The revision of 'config.hpp' that I just committed to cvs follows your
suggestion, or so I intended; please check it because I'm fallible.