lmi

Re: [lmi] Managing multiple wx builds

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Managing multiple wx builds
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 03:19:00 +0000

On 2006-3-30 1:11 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:48:59 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> What's the best way to set up distinct, multiple builds of identical
> GC> wx sources?
>
>  My personal solution is to just never install wx at all.

At first I thought you were joking.

Then I saw that this really is the obvious solution.

> And with any wx-config
> based makefile it's alsmot completely transparent: just define WX_CONFIG
> make variable to point to the wx-config in the build tree you want to use
> for this build and that's all.

And indeed I'm changing my makefiles that way. I merely need to
copy the uniquely-named dlls to some directory on the system path
(as a developer; for end users, we put the dll they need in the
same directory as our application).

Thanks for saving me a lot of trouble.