lmi

Re: [lmi] 'build' and 'host' in wx configury [Was: To configure wx-2.6.2

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] 'build' and 'host' in wx configury [Was: To configure wx-2.6.2]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:41:20 +0000

On 2009-02-11 15:35Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
> GC> @@ -4667 +2962,3 @@
> GC> -checking if snprintf supports positional arguments... yes
> GC> +checking if snprintf supports positional arguments... configure:
> WARNING: Assuming Unix98 printf() is not available,
> GC> +define HAVE_UNIX98_PRINTF as 1 in setup.h if it is available.
> GC> +no
>
>  This one is probably ok as I think mingw32 printf() -- being a Microsoft
> version -- doesn't support Unix98 features. But it would be still better if
> we could run the test instead of just assuming that it doesn't work.

The current version of MinGW gcc-3.4.5 does provide C99-compliant
versions of the printf() family:

  http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=24832&group_id=2435
| To enable the
| MinGW replacements for these six functions, users may employ any one
| (or more) of the following, (and *must* #include stdio.h):-- [...]

I mention this only to make sure you're aware of it, in case you
want to do something about it at the wx level. It doesn't matter
for lmi today because we're still using MinGW gcc-3.4.4 . I tried
 - to use 3.4.5 to build lmi, and alternatively
 - to drop the new libmingwex (where C99 printf() lives) into 3.4.4
but neither seemed to work well, for reasons I don't remember; and
I thought the benefits would be slight compared to the effort of
investigating whether the issues could be fixed.