lmi

[lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0: wxSpinCtrl text alignment changed

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0: wxSpinCtrl text alignment changed
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:50:50 +0000

Formerly, text in a spincontrol was always left-aligned by default.
Now, with wx-2.9.0, the default has changed (for msw at least):

http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/classwx_spin_ctrl.html
| wxALIGN_RIGHT:
| Same as wxTE_RIGHT for wxTextCtrl: the text is right aligned (this is the
default).

Isn't that an unnatural default for msw? For instance, the picture
of a spincontrol here:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb759889(VS.85).aspx
(following "sometimes referred to as a spinner control") shows
left alignment. So does ms's "Control Spy" program 'Up-Down.exe'.
So do most or all of the "number of copies" spincontrols here:
  http://images.google.com/images?q=print%20dialog%20windows

If this change really is intentional, I'd recommend at least
mentioning it in 'docs/changes.txt'.

[I realize that this can be overridden in an XRC dialog by adding
for every wxSpinCtrl--but only after we upgrade to wx-2.9.0,
because that style's an error with wx-2.8.10 .]