lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 84cd25c 1/2: Remove stray spaces in templ

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 84cd25c 1/2: Remove stray spaces in template declarations and specializations
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 15:42:13 +0100

On Thu,  2 Mar 2017 12:32:54 -0500 (EST) Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 84cd25cef0de311cc51d8034279673fc027e8e6c
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC>
GC>     Remove stray spaces in template declarations and specializations
GC>
GC>     Removed space in '> >': C++ no longer requires it.
GC>
GC>     Regularized spacing in template parameters lists. Generally, lmi has
GC>     a space after the comma only in declarations:
GC>       template<typename T, typename U> // space after comma
GC>     but not in instantiations [not systematically changed in this commit]:
GC>       std::pair<T,U>                   // no space after comma
GC>     or in specializations:
GC>       template<> struct foo<T,U>       // no space after comma

 I'm really confused by this, why have two different rules for very similar
things? AFAIK lmi uses the same convention for spaces after commas in the
parameter lists in the function declarations and definitions (there is
always a space after comma), why do it differently here?

 Besides, subjectively, I find "std::map<int,int>" less readable, IMHO
separating the 2 template arguments helps just as much as separating
function arguments with spaces.

 Could you please reconsider this (and revert
ba9c81247a467ed242d821e47b17c6acc8b5c738)?

VZ