lmi

Re: [lmi] Generating pages with tables in the new PDF generation code

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Generating pages with tables in the new PDF generation code
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 15:58:42 +0000

On 2017-08-28 13:33, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...eliding everything I don't understand...]

>  Does this look reasonable to you?

I really don't understand git at all. I only know a few canned commands.
My puzzlement is not that of an American riding the London underground
who considers "Mind the Gap" a curious turn of phrase, yet comprehends it.
I'm more like a tourist in Paris who consults a phrasebook for everything:
"Zhuh nuh comp-rond pah". Just a few minutes ago I issued this command:
  git bundle create /path/to/file ^origin/master HEAD --branches
I know that the incantation means "make a bundle to share with Kim", and
I can more or less guess what the first few words mean, but everything
after '^' is a riddle to me--it's just something I copy and paste from my
git phrasebook.

> If so, I can describe all the git
> commands you will need in excruciating details and will try to create a
> first branch with the changes to be integrated to test the process.

I'm willing to try, as long as you have the patience to guide me through.

I don't want to give the impression that your careful explanation was
wasted. Few messages you've written can have been studied so carefully (or
understood so little). I'll just have to keep going back and rereading it.