lmi

Re: [lmi] vim highlighting for '.mst' files

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] vim highlighting for '.mst' files
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 15:13:10 +0000

On 2017-10-25 14:26, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:06:42 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
>  No, I use https://github.com/mustache/vim-mustache-handlebars
[...]
> GC> syntax like "{{>" is already clear enough without highlighting.)
>
>  At least for me, it's really easy to not notice a missing brace without
> syntax highlighting, while it's all but impossible with it, so I think it's
> well worth it even for such simple syntax (the plugin also defines
> abbreviations automatically expanding "{{" into "{{ }}" and section
> movements but I didn't use those).

That's an interesting perspective, which I had not considered.

A quick web search suggests that there's no mature, widely-used
validation tool (like RNG for xml, or W3C's validator for html),
so does the mustache community rely on tests designed to elicit
runtime errors?

>  If you use Pathogen, installing new plugins is as simple as
> [...] I think there
> is hardly any reason to not at least try it.

I generally avoid vim plugins not because they're hard to install,
but because I fear some might be of low quality.