lmi

Re: [lmi] perf+wine

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] perf+wine
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 01:13:04 +0000

On 2018-03-06 21:48, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 21:26:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> For my part, I don't think I'll be able to use a debugger again
> GC> until I build for GNU/Linux natively.
>
>  Would you want to discuss what goes wrong for you when using
> i686-w64-mingw-gdb? It just works out of the box for me and is just as
> comfortable (or annoying, depending on your taste) to use as gdb under
> native Linux.

One thing I'm pretty sure about is that I never ran 'gdbserver'...

>  If you'd like, I could describe what I do exactly, but there is really
> nothing surprising there, i.e. it's just:
>
> 1. Install the packages.
> 2. Run gdbserver under Wine.
> 3. Run gdb and connect to it.
>
>  Please let me know if you'd like to have more details,

Yes, please. Searching online for the most elementary steps, I'm already
confused. Which port should I pick? I suppose 2159, because apparently
IANA has assigned it to gdbserver. Or, because I guess I'll be running
the debugger in the same chroot as the program I'll be debugging, should
I use use 'stdio'? Or am I to run gdbserver on my "host", and the lmi
binary in the chroot that has wine installed?