lmi

[lmi] "Help" button really does do something [Was: 'wine' anomalies]

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] "Help" button really does do something [Was: 'wine' anomalies]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 02:29:03 +0000

On 2018-03-06 23:57, Greg Chicares wrote:
[...]
> We already have a "Help" pushbutton on the tabbed dialog. I don't
> remember--does it do anything under native msw? If it never does
> anything, then maybe we should remove it.

I conjecture that this "Help" pushbutton opens the html user manual,
because when I press it, I see this on the console:

00be:err:winebrowser:launch_app could not find a suitable app to open
  L"file:///home/greg/.wine/dosdevices/z:/opt/lmi/data/user_manual.html"

Perhaps we should nevertheless remove it, though for a different
reason--namely, that what it does is not useful in context. The html
user mainly describes menuitems (and their corresponding toolbaritems),
which are not accessible while the tabbed dialog is displayed.