lmi

Re: [lmi] One PDF line prints on top of another

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] One PDF line prints on top of another
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 13:37:45 +0200

On Wed, 2 May 2018 00:37:07 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2018-02-17 22:40, Greg Chicares wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > Reproducing the anomaly might take a little more work.
GC>
GC> It's now easy to reproduce because of commit a7619d7203f:
GC>   alt-F N I Down Down Enter ctrl-I
GC> should do it.

 Thanks! I had actually already modified the product files locally to
reproduce the problem, but I'll use your way of reproducing it now to
ensure that we're seeing the same thing.

GC> I've combed the mailing-list archives since wxPdfDoc illustrations were
GC> merged, and this is the only significant problem I found that can still
GC> be reproduced

 I don't know if it's significant, but I also have a point about producing
a special PDF for the already lapsed illustrations. Other than that, I
indeed don't really have anything important.

GC> --the only known issue we still need to tackle before we
GC> begin a final comprehensive test...and end by shrouding XSL-FO in the
GC> habiliments of the grave.
GC>
GC> AFAICT, we stepped away from this to consider other topics. Vadim, did
GC> you have any ideas for addressing it?

 I do, but I'm not sure if it's really the best idea and I haven't finished
writing even a draft implementation based on it yet... I do intend to
return to this a.s.a.p., this is the top item in my TODO list.

 Regards,
VZ