lmi

Re: [lmi] lmi + wine-3.0 (Debian 3.0-1) = purple fungus

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] lmi + wine-3.0 (Debian 3.0-1) = purple fungus
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 01:33:17 +0000

On 2018-07-21 17:13, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 15:54:09 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> On 2018-07-20 14:47, Greg Chicares wrote:
[...]
> GC> BTW, while modifying origin/master, I'm doing:
> GC>
> GC>   git format-patch $(git merge-base master
> xanadu/pdf-pagination)..xanadu/pdf-pagination --stdout | git apply --check -
> GC>
> GC> to make sure I don't commit anything that will cause merge problems
> GC> with the remote pdf-pagination branch.
>
>  I don't think you need to worry too much about this, it's probably simpler
> to just commit whatever you need to commit and then resolve the conflicts
> when merging or rebasing, rather than trying to avoid the conflicts
> proactively, as the latter must be done manually while Git will do its best
> to help with the former.

Okay, but I'm worrying about it anyway: that's my predilection, and what I'm
doing is mostly orthogonal to what you've done, so it's convenient to know
I'm not storing up trouble for the future, as I really dislike handling
merge conflicts even with git's help.

As you can see from some of the handful of commits I just pushed, we're
still coming up with useful refinements to the input class and its schema.
External vendors may take several years to update their systems accordingly,
so the next opportunity is sometime next decade and perfecting these changes
now is a Really Big Deal.

About this time Friday I'll push all my remaining changes and all of yours
in 'pdf-pagination' as well.