lmi

Re: [lmi] Logo on group quotes but not illustrations

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Logo on group quotes but not illustrations
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 16:24:27 +0200

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 13:18:59 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2018-08-09 12:32, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 12:21:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> >
GC> > GC> I see no logo whatsoever, on any page.
GC> >
GC> >  I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on here. Could you perhaps remove
the
GC> > "wxLogNull" line from ledger_pdf_generator_wx.cpp to see if you get any
GC> > errors when trying to load the image?
GC>
GC> Thanks. Now it's fixed. I see:
GC>
GC> 12:50:53: can't open file 'Z:/opt/lmi/data/company_logo.png' (error 2: File
not found.)
GC> 12:50:53: Failed to load image from file "Z:/opt/lmi/data/company_logo.png".
GC>
GC> [repeats sixteen times]
GC>
GC> I think I'll change the code so that it handles failure there in the
GC> same way that it handles failure to load a similar file elsewhere:
GC> i.e., showing an explicit diagnostic.

 Just as a reminder, we'd explicitly decided that the absence of the image
file shouldn't result in an error before. AFAIR I didn't really understand
the rationale for it back then and, even if I had, I must have forgotten it
because I definitely don't know what could it be today. But there was some
reason to do it like this.

GC> $ls /opt/lmi/bin/company_logo*
GC> /opt/lmi/bin/company_logo.jpg  /opt/lmi/bin/company_logo.png
GC> $ls /opt/lmi/data/company_logo*
GC> zsh: no matches found: /opt/lmi/data/company_logo*
GC>
GC> All graphics files reside in data/ except these:
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$ls /opt/lmi/bin/*.png
GC> /opt/lmi/bin/company_logo.png  /opt/lmi/bin/group_quote_banner.png
GC> /opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$ls /opt/lmi/data/*.png |wc -l
GC> 109

 Sorry, I had totally failed to realize this. How did it happen exactly,
anyhow? The "install" target in workhorse.make seems to copy all .png files
(which are part of $(data_files)) to $(datadir), not $(bindir).

GC> And indeed now that I've run that 'mv' command, illustrations
GC> show the glorious 22.II-16.III.1966 logo on every page...except,
GC> with 'sample2ipp', for the "continuation" page that begins "It was
GC> a voluptuous scene, that masquerade" (which you want to fix, though
GC> I'm not sure that's a prerequisite for pulling the plug on XSL-FO),

 Yes, this is exactly the problem I want to fix.

GC> and, curiously, for the "cover page", which has a logo for other
GC> ledger types, but not this one (most likely because the original
GC> XSLT behaved that way).

 Yes, the original XSL-OF just didn't use the image for the cover page for
this particular kind of illustrations and I've copied this.

 Thanks for letting me know about finding the problem!
VZ