lmi

Re: [lmi] wxPdfDoc: autoreconf failing with cygwin

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] wxPdfDoc: autoreconf failing with cygwin
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 02:01:56 +0200

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 11:07:18 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2018-08-09 09:14, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 17:16:54 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> >
GC> > GC> Vadim--You probably don't have time to fix this properly right now,
GC> >
GC> >  Unfortunately you're right, I don't have Cygwin here and so I can't
GC> > reproduce the problem.

 FWIW I still can't reproduce the problem with Cygwin neither on my main
machine nor in my lmi VM. This is quite surprising as I don't see why
running autoreconf wouldn't be reproducible.

 Would it be possible to get the output of "cygcheck -c" (or "-cd" if "-c"
takes too long, although it could be nice to have a confirmation that the
packages haven't been corrupted somehow) from the system where the original
failure was observed?

GC> With all that's going on in the office right now, we aren't going to
GC> be able to do this ourselves. Now that you're no longer on the road,
GC> could I ask you to find and fix the underlying problem?

 It really looks like it could be fixed by my blind fix at

https://github.com/vadz/wxpdfdoc/commit/b2c6bb2d92d60c1027dcd2dc9817b89a748b14ab

but without being able to reproduce the problem, I can't be sure if this is
indeed the case. It would be really helpful if you could try this fix.

GC> Actually, if you're looking for more things to do, it would be
GC> immensely helpful if you could do the following in a cygwin
GC> environment:
GC>
GC>   ./nychthemeral_test.sh 2>&1 | tee /tmp/lmi/logs/log | sed -f errors.sed
GC>
GC> and figure out how to fix the problems, which begin with (but are
GC> probably not limited to):
GC>
GC> grep: (standard input): Invalid argument
GC> grep: (standard input): Invalid argument
GC> grep: (standard input): Invalid argument
GC> 0 tests succeeded

 I guess this answers my question about nychthemeral_test.sh in another
thread where I asked whether it was supposed to work for me: so it is.
I'll check/debug it soon.

GC> And if you're looking for even more things to do, it would be
GC> really nice to modernize lmi's wxPdfDoc installer along the lines
GC> of the improvements you made to the wxWidgets install script.

 OK, I definitely can replace install_wxpdfdoc.make with
install_wxpdfdoc.sh similar to install_wx.sh. I've added this to my TODO
list.

 Regards,
VZ