loongson-buildfarm

Re: [loongson-buildfarm] binutils and as versions - what to put on the b

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [loongson-buildfarm] binutils and as versions - what to put on the build farm / build1?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:11:58 -0600

Danny Clark wrote:

>  * -P- #gnewsense-dev -- nyu :: djbclark: can you install the stock
> binutils in dev box, and remote lemote URL?
>  * -P- #gnewsense-dev -- nyu :: djbclark: it seems we're running into
> problems due to using lemote development version of binutils
>
> So my experience is that linux builds only work with the lemote binutils
>    + a patched version of "as" that is outside of their binutils .deb.

  This is also one binutils release behind.

> Anyway if someone with more of a toolchain clue than I have wants to
> suggest what to do, I will implement that suggestion.

  Having the Lemote patch would help. :-) Does this effect any of the
other build farm machines ? GCC 4.4 that just came out also has a bunch
of MIPS bug fixes we probably want too. What about having a directory
NFS mounted to all the builds machines that could host toolchains that
should be used on all machines ? I'd be willing to help hack on
toolchains builds.

        - rob -