lout-users

Re: single file documents with bibliographical references

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: single file documents with bibliographical references
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:26:28 +0400

On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 01:08:27PM +0200, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

> 1) is there some kind of user contribution depository (an URL would be
>    ok?) to Lout?

There's not much user contributed lout code (that is lout code
proper).  It was mostly support for other languages (latin2, russian,
tibetan, barcodes).  teq and eiffel were written by Jeff.

My own implementation of "immediate" tables/figures for 3.06 was,
fortunately, obsoleted by the AfterLine placement option in recent
versions of lout.

If I failed to mention anyone, I'm sorry - just shout out loud
that you have written something, put it somewhere and let me know so
that I could link to it from the Lout home page (hint, hint!).

> 2) Did anyone (except Jeff Kingston) ever tried to make a Lout package
>    from scratch (I did suggest to Jeff to add the @ToyLayout but never
>    tried to make something of it?

@ToyLayout is a fairly (fairy? :-) good place to start along with the
chapter on page layout in the expert's guide.

SDC (former "typeset") SGML formatter uses a simple layout written
from scratch (@BriefLayout).

SY, Uwe