lout-users

Re: lout 3.21 core dumps when requesting PDF output

From: Marketa Ceplova
Subject: Re: lout 3.21 core dumps when requesting PDF output
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:42:12 +0200

On 30 May 00, at 15:51, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> Huh. The crash in fopen(3) was, as i understood, not related to PDF,
> right?

Yes. I have just tried, whether there is not any relation to my problem. It is not, so I am thinking what to do next. Local experts do not seem to be interested in lout (no response to my plea for help) so I choose, either to send my request somewhere else (comp.os.linux.???{misc???}, gnu.misc.discuss, ???) or to check whether there is not any other way how to deal with the problem. The very first idea, which hit my mind is whether there cannot be problem with my version of libc (glibc-2.1.1). What do you think about this -- do you think, that bug may be caused by malfunction in libc? It seemed to me, that the problem has been somewhere in libc, wasn't it?

I am sending carbon copy to the list, just to be sure, that I am not missinig some Linux programmer willing to try checking version 3.21 and talking with me about the bug I have found (I do not know, whether bug in lout or somewhere in Linux). Will I find him???

Have a nice day, all of you

Matej Cepl

P.S.: Enclosed you shall find Jeff's description of the problem.