lout-users

AFMs for Blue Sky Type 1 Computer Modern fonts

From: Mikko Huhtala
Subject: AFMs for Blue Sky Type 1 Computer Modern fonts
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:26:25 +0300 (EEST)

I installed the Type 1 Computer Modern font set (originally Metafonts by
D. Knuth) by Sky Blue Research on my Lout setup. The fonts are available
from CTAN and are, as I noted from the list archive, used in Mark Shields'
louteq package. Turns out I cannot make the AFM files supplied with the
fonts behave. Lout complains about certain kerning pairs being present in
two copies in the AFM files (eg. the ( k a ) pair in cmr12.afm and
cmdunh10.afm and probably many others), which in Lout 3.22's opinion is a
fatal error. If I remove the extra kerning pairs, lout will terminate
formatting the test document with

1416,16: fatal error: EndFontMetrics missing from font file
/usr/local/lout/lib/font/cmdunh10

However, the EndFontMetrics command is there on the last line in each of
the AFM files. Have I missed something or is this a bug in the Blue Sky
AFMs or in Lout itself?

Mikko