lout-users

Re: Version 3.24 of Lout now available

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: Version 3.24 of Lout now available
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 01:38:10 -0500 (EST)

[ On Sunday, October 8, 2000 at 14:19:02 (+1100), Jeff Kingston wrote: ]
> Subject: Version 3.24 of Lout now available
>
> This new version adds no extra features.  It fixes all bugs reported
> to me recently (at least, it attempts to), mainly the table running
> headers bugs and preface before contents in books.  Please let me know
> of any problems.

I finally got around to upgrading to 3.24 the other day, and decided to
print the manual on my "new" Apple LaserWriter 16/600, and given it has
grown to almost 300 pages I decided to try printing it double sided.

Somewhere in the middle of printing the odd pages (I printed them, in
order, with "psselect -o"), perhaps around page 155, the printer spit
out a page with "syntaxer[ror]" on the bottom in about 144p TimesRoman.
Ghostscript 6.01, as driven by ghostview, doesn't seem to have any
trouble, and indeed reprinting the remaining pages with "psselect -o
-p155-" worked just fine (though of course it reprinted 8 pages because
psselect works with physical page counts, not logical page identifiers).

Other than that 3.24 has been working very well for me so far.  I think
the only bug I had recently reported was to do with @PageBackground and
indeed it now works OK again too.

(Due to the extremely low humidity here at this time of year, especially
since I've not managed to replace the humidifier on our furnace yet, the
printer occasionally sucked in several already printed and thus somewhat
statically charged and stuck-together pages at a time and thus I ended
up doing some reprinting and manual feeding....)

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <address@hidden>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <address@hidden>; Secrets of the Weird <address@hidden>