lout-users

Re: Motto at beginning of article (section, chapter)

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Motto at beginning of article (section, chapter)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:56:28 +0300

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 19:43:22 +0800, Isaac Kar-Keung To wrote:

> And then a bypassed @Section will not be numbered.  But is it
> something that I'm supposed to do?!

No.  Bypass symbols bypass Lout coss-referencing database.  The
intention (as described in User's Guide) is to use them in
machine-generated Lout, when the generating program already knows
relevant numbering.  What you suggest is unnumbered sections, but
that's just a different beast.

> (A really new-comer of lout)

Oh, my!  I wish we had more new-comers like you.

SY, Uwe
with his hat off