lout-users

Re: Can you add a grid to a @Graph?

From: Albert Kinderman
Subject: Re: Can you add a grid to a @Graph?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:35:05 -0800

Mark Summerfield wrote:

> I want to add a grid to a @Graph. I can't see any built-in way to do
> this. I would want to control the size of the squares (or rectangles)
> and the colour of the lines -- has anyone done this already?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Mark.

I draw them myself.

Within the graph, include data for the vertical and horizonal
lines.  If xmin is 10, xmax is 30, ymin is 0, and ymax is 20, then
you might want lines

@Data
        points {}
        pairs {solid}
{15 0 15 20}    # a vertical line at x=15

@Data
        points {}
        pairs {solid}
{10 5 30 5}     # a horizontal line at y=5

etc.

By leaving points blank, no points are drawn, just the line
between them.

I have never used the colour option to @Data, so I don't know if
it colors just the points or the line between them as well.

Al
--
Albert Kinderman  California State University, Northridge
    Department of Systems and Operations Management