lout-users

Re: @Break @Box ?

From: Héri Tamás
Subject: Re: @Break @Box ?
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:08:47 +0100 (CET)

écrit :

> > Your only hope is to use a @Figure.  Have a fiddle with
the
> > @Enclose and @Destination (is it?) options.
>
> I did not find any information on these in the user
manual, I
> have looked in the table section and in the index...
Could you
> explain me shortly how to use that with @Figure ?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   -- Sébastien.
>
> --
> ŤAnd never can a man be more disastrously in death than
when
> death
> itself shall be deathless.ť
> <http://www.type-z.org>                     -- St.
Augustine

On page 30 of Lout expert's guide:
----------------------------------
Within a galley, a symbol whose name is @Enclose
has a special meaning: when components of the
galley replace a @Galley or @ForceGalley symbol,
that symbol is first replaced by @Enclose @Galley
or @Enclose @ForceGalley. For example,

def @Figure into @FigurePlace&&following
right @Body
{
        def @Enclose
        right x
        {
                @Box x
        }
        @Body
}

causes each @Galley or @ForceGalley symbol that
receives components of galley @Figure to be
replaced by @Box @Galley or @Box @ForceGalley,
assuming an appropriate definition of @Box. This
is useful, for example, when producing multi-page
boxed displays, figures, and tables.

An @Enclose symbol may have only one parameter,
which must be a right parameter.  It would not
make sense to allow more parameters, since there
is no suitable value to assign to them. However,
the @Enclose symbol may contain inner definitions,
and it may make use of any symbol that is
available at that point, in the usual way. The
@Enclose symbol may be a named parameter (itself
with a right parameter) of the galley symbol,
rather than an inner definition as shown above, if
desired.

Tamás