lout-users

Literate programming with Lout

From: Clint Olsen
Subject: Literate programming with Lout
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:44:24 -0700

My apologies if this is too soon to revisit...

I think this may have been discussed before, but I'm unable to search
through the mailing list archives at the moment.  I have reviewed the
various TeX-based solutions (WEB, noweb, texiWEB), and they are all quite a
bit more involved than using Lout IMO.  I haven't used Lout for a few
years, but it doesn't have the learning 'cliff' problem like texinfo or
latex.

I'm not looking for a really complicated system here.  Perhaps something as
simple as a comment-extractor where you write everything in comments in
legal lout and somehow have a preprocessor extract the lout code from the
source code.

My concern of course is making sure that you can embed the C code (where
explicitly requested) so you don't have to write code snippets twice.  It's
probably more complicated than I'm predicting, but that's engineering for
you.

Comments, testimonials, or confessions?

-Clint