lout-users

bugs in the font metrics for symbol fonts, eg. arrowhorizex or arrowleft

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: bugs in the font metrics for symbol fonts, eg. arrowhorizex or arrowleft?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:47:06 -0400 (EDT)

I think I'm seeing what may be a very minor bug with the font metrics
for at least one character in the symbol font.

This pair doesn't quite come together:

        @Sym arrowhorizex | @Sym arrowright

However this pair does:

        @Sym arrowleft | @Sym arrowhorizex

(as do both vertical arrows and arrowvertex)

This is true both when the resulting PostScript is viewed with GNU
GhostScript 7.05 and when it's printed on my Apple LaserWriter 16/600PS.

Where should I look to dig into this deeper?

Here's a complete example:

@SysInclude { langdefs }
@SysInclude { bsf }
@SysInclude { dsf }