lout-users

Re: Lout website

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Lout website
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:47:55 +0200

Hi Tatyana,

Le 23 août 04, à 19:47, Tatyana Alexeyev a écrit :

Hello,

I tryed to write to the group, but got no response.

Do you know if lout support coloring option when
creating PDF documents.

Paint option does not work.

Actually, Lout direct PDF support is quite outdated, so that it does not work as well as PostScript. The solution I would recommend is to generate your document in PostScript, then include fonts with PostScript utilities (psutils) if you have non-standard fonts, then convert it into PDF 1.4 with ghostscript.

This makes things a little bit more complex, but you can be sure to have the best result. BTW, if you are planning to use color images, have a look at the website for optimal usage of images in Lout.

Cheers,

 -- Sébastien