lout-users

Re: Import?

From: Jason Whittle
Subject: Re: Import?
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:39:03 -0400

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:22:27 -0600, Joe Beach <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure. It might help if you posted your mydefs and a copy
> of the full error output. Also, what are you including (@SysInclude,
> @Include) at the beginning of your document file? It might be that you
> are correctly defining the mydefs, but you you aren't using a document
> type that defines the @SubSection tag. Or, it isn't enclosed by
> @BeginSubSections ... @EndSubSections.

I've pared down the mydefs file to two lines, to make sure that
nothing else is interacting; mydefs is down to two lines:

import @BasicSetup
def @Charm { @SubSection }

I know I should be using a macro for a simple substitution, but I
eliminated all of the functionality of the definition in order to make
sure it was really a scope problem. In addition, Basser Lout fails on
the third line of my source file, with the first three lines reading:

@SysInclude{ diag }
@SysInclude{ tbl }
@SysInclude{ doc }

Also, I've tried the same thing with other symbols, like
@BeginSubSection, @Section, and @BeginSection, and none of them are
recognized either. I don't have a copy of the error in front of me,
but with the above mydefs, the "unknown or misspelt" error is the only
one that occurs, other than a notice stating that the pass terminated
on line 3 of ma.lt. As a final caveat, I should note that I'm using
the Win32 binary distribution.

Thank you for all your help and consideration.

Cheers,
Jason Whittle

P.S. If anyone on this list is interested in trying GMail, I have
extra invites now and the other open-source lists I'm on have already
had invites posted to them.