lout-users

Bookmarks in PDF documents

From: Dave Baldwin
Subject: Bookmarks in PDF documents
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:57:01 +0100

I want to add bookmarks to a lout document and searching the archive yielded some comments made in 2003, but these seemed to degenerate into a discussion of what the name the lout entity should be.

Is there a simple way to add bookmarks to a document manually or have them automatically added via the @Section, etc. symbols.

I think I can hack a manual method together using @BackEnd and friends (I would have to learn some postscript and pdfmark first, but this looks fairly minimal in this case) and I could use this in @Section, etc. but it would be better if this was automatic.

Are there any plans for this or has it been done (as an extension)?

I am outputting in ps and using ps2pdf for the conversion to pdf for viewing.

Thanks,

Dave.