lout-users

Re: @FontDef problem

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: @FontDef problem
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:37:28 +1100

I'm not sure why Lout crashed on your input;  I tried a
similar thing:

  @SysInclude {doc}
  address@hidden
    @Tag {Minion-Base}
    @Family {Minion}
    @Face {Base}
    @Name {MinionPro-CnCapt}
    @Metrics {Ti-Rm}
    @Mapping {LtLatin1.LCM}
  }

  @Doc @Text @Begin
  @CD @Heading { Test of FontDef }
  {Minion Base 9p} @Font { hello there }
  @End @Text

and got:

  lout -s t1 >op
  lout file "t1":
      13,9: there is no font with family name Minion and face name Base

The Expert's Guide says that @FontDef symbols are supposed to appear
in a database, so the first thing to try would be to move your @FontDef
into a database, following the model of the line

   @SysDatabase @FontDef  { fontdefs }            # font definitions

at the end of file doc, although your line would probably be

   @Database @FontDef  { myfontdefs }             # my font definitions

While I can't get Lout to crash at this end I can't do much, but I
will look into what it thinks it's doing with @FontDefs that are not
in a database, and if there seems to be a reason why they need to
be in one, I'll make sure it prints a fatal error when they aren't.

Jeff