lout-users

Re: URL in Bibliography @Reference

From: Gabor Greif
Subject: Re: URL in Bibliography @Reference
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 19:47:06 +0200

Am 30.05.2008 um 23:15 schrieb Jeff Kingston:

Is there a way to specify "word breaking" for URLs
in bibliography references?

The User's Guide says that special arrangements are
made within the @URL option of reference entries to
allow URL's to be included unquoted, in which case
the / characters in them are treated as line break
points.  It sounds as though you are using @URL but
it is not working for you as described.  In that
case, post a small example and I will look at it.

Thanks, Jeff,

removing the quotes from around URLs in my .ld file immediately resolved the problem. The quotes came form a BibTeX->lout converter that I wrote and that assumed that
the slashes in the URL need quoting, so it quoted the whole thing :-/

Thanks again,

                Gabor

There is no way to include a URL in the other
fields of a @Reference except by enclosing it
in quotes, which will make it unbreakable, unless
you want to hack your way through

    "http://www.it.usyd/edu.au/"; &- "~jeff"

and the like.  But the intention is that this
sort of thing is not necessary in the @URL field.

Jeff