lout-users

Re: controlling @CP output

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: controlling @CP output
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:48:30 +0100

On 2008-06-12, Jeff Kingston wrote:
> > Is it possible (1) to make the numbers align right, and (2) to
> > control how much width is allocated to them?
>
> Try
>
>     fixedlinenumbersformat { 4s @Wide { |1rt @Body } }

That works (well, I used 3s), but leaves a large gap between the number
and the quoted code. The solution was to set fixedtabout{5s} (although I
guess that won't work if the code contains quotes, but fortunately mine
doesn't).

> You could use @Right instead of |1rt, but it does put in a few
> extra spaces (it's designed for cases when there is something to
> the left, as well as something to be right aligned).  I'm not sure
> whether the 4s will be four spaces in the font of the line numbers
> or in the enclosing font; it will make a difference, obviously.
>
> > numbered{Yes}   # number lines starting from 1
> > numbered{No}   # don't number lines
> > numbered{NoPrint}   # number lines starting from 1 but don't count blanks
> > numbered{5} # number lines starting from 5 (or whatever number is given)
>
> According to the User's Guide, Section 12.3, all this is available now.

Sorry, I read it too fast and just saw "Yes", "No", etc., and missed "or
a number".

Thanks!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu