lout-users

Re: double spacing, chapter breaks

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: double spacing, chapter breaks
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 07:33:46 +1000

> Hi everyone:
>
> How do I get double spacing on the main text while retaining single
> spacing on the quoted displays?

First, you read Section 1.10 of the User's Guide, to find out about
how line spacing works.  Then, you read Section 4.1 to find out how
to change the overall format of your document.

Judging from Section 2.1 there is no setup file option for
controlling the line spacing in displays, so you will need
to change to single spacing for each display, like this:

    @IndentedDisplay 1.2fx @Break {
    }

If this gets too boring you can define a macro:

    macro @MyDisplay { @IndentedDisplay 1.2fx @Break }

and write

    @MyDisplay {
    }

instead.

> Also, how do I prevent page breaks on new chapters?

I don't think you can.  If there is a way, it will be documented
somewhere in Section 3.3.  But I seem to remember that chapters are
so tied into new pages (for the sake of running headers, mainly)
that it's just assumed that they will be on new pages.

Jeff